Your membership helps us to advocate for and support museums to make an impact and use their collections to inspire people and change lives.
We make the case for investment in museums to stakeholders in each nation of the UK, including governments, funders and sector bodies.
As a member, your organisation will receive a wide range of benefits, including free recruitment advertising, ethical and policy guidance, access to funding, and substantial discounts for your staff to take part in our conferences, events and professional development courses.
We do not receive any government funding and the majority of our resources are generated through membership. Your membership allows us to continue supporting all museums and those working in and with them.
Buying indvidual membership for your employees, volunteers or trustees is a great way to offer an additional workplace benefit, and give your staff access to individual membership-only benefits, such as access to the online courses, Museum Essentials. We can offer a discount for multiple membership purchases. Please contact us:
Benefits for your organisation
- free attendance for all your staff/volunteers to attend the MA Virtual Conference, 2-6 November 2020
- free attendance for all your staff/volunteers to attend the our bi-weekly Coronavirus Conversations webinars
- free attendance for all your staff/volunteers to members’ meetings held in your area of the UK (currently held online)
- substantial discount for your staff to attend MA One Day Conferences and other events
- free recruitment advertising on our website. The go-to-place for sector recruitment
- Access to funding. In the next year we will award over £1m of Esmée Fairbairn Collections Fund grants
- up to five copies of Museums Journal bi-monthly to be shared with staff (in print only)
- advocacy to governments, sector bodies, and funders for all museums
- free policy reports and events
- direct representation on museum issues
- free ethical guidance
- regional consultation on major issues
- discounts on our publications
- copies of the code of ethics
- advice and support from MA staff