Partnerships with Purpose
We launched the pilot Partnerships with Purpose programme in 2019 as an opportunity for decision-makers in museums and community organisations to deepen links and develop ideas on how to build social value together.
Funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, four events took place across the UK to facilitate communities, museums, statutory sector providers and funders to work together.
The programme’s aims were for:
- museums and community organisations to identify shared aims
- museums to gain insight into local need and what the community wants to offer
- communities to become increasingly enthusiastic about working with museums, skilled in socially engaged practice, and confident about how to approach museums
- funders and the statutory sector, such as public health and local commissioners, to dedicate resources to cross-sector work to build social value.
Partnerships with Purpose events took place in:
- Sheffield – 11 February 2019
- Swansea – 28 February 2019
- South East London – 28 March 2019
- Fife – 25 April 2019