Opportunity: Join our Ethics Committee
Support us in upholding the principles of the Code of Ethics for Museums
- Organisation: Museums Association
- Closing date: 16.05.2022
We are looking for two new committee members to join the Ethics Committee to uphold the principles of the Code of Ethics for Museums and oversee the effective and consistent operation of the code.
The aim of the Ethics Committee is to:
- Develop and champion the application of sound ethical principles and behaviours within the museum community
- Give advice and guidance on ethical matters to the museum community, including MA Board and staff
- Review the code and recommend to the MA Board amendments to the Code of Ethics, where necessary
The role involves attending approximately four meetings per year (one in person at the Museums Association’s offices in London and three online) and liaising as a committee via email and telephone. The role is not remunerated but expenses are reimbursed.
We are looking for museum professionals with the following experience:
- Fundraising, marketing and/or sponsorship
- Front-of-house/visitor experience
- Decolonising practice
We are particularly looking for applications from people with a range of diverse backgrounds, particularly people with disabilities, people of colour, people who identify as LGBTQ+ and people from a range of socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
All applicants must be individual members of the Museums Association.
Links and downloads
How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please send a one-page CV and a statement of up to 200 words explaining what you can offer the Ethics Committee by 11.59pm on 16 May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.