Please find attached a summary of objects identified for transfer from the Science Museum Group Collections
Objects Available for Transfer (November 2023 – January 2024)
Like all major museums, we frequently add objects to our collection and occasionally remove objects which are no longer appropriate for the national collection.
The objects listed on the following pages have been approved for transfer from the Science Museum Group Collection. We transfer objects to other museums and public collections if they are:
• Better suited to display or research by another public institution;
• A duplicate of an item we already hold in the collection.
Our aim is that transferred items remain in the public domain and we give priority to accredited museums who wish to acquire these items.
For further information, please visit sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/about-us/collection/managing-the-collection.
The objects listed on the following pages have been approved for transfer and are currently available. The closing date for applications is Friday 19th January 2024. If you would like more information or are interested in acquiring an object from the Transfers list, please email us at Group.Registration@sciencemuseum.ac.uk and include the following information:
• The object number and description
• A description of how you intend to use the object(s) and how this will benefit the public
• An explanation of how you will ensure the long-term care of the object(s)
• The organisation that you are representing, including the type of organisation (i.e. accredited museum, charitable trust)
• Full contact details
0330 058 0058