A judge's chair probably from the County Court, Bournemouth. A large wooden throne-like chair with a brown padded leather seat and a high back. Carved decoration on feet, legs and back supports. Originally there was a wooden panel decorated with a coat of arms inset into the top of the back but this is now missing. Dated to 1900-1950. A dated 35mm slide in the RCAGM archives show that this chair was in the possession of the museum in 1978 and used as visitor seating. 2200mm x 850mm x 780mm.
Russell Cotes Road