A model of a 19th century merchant ship with the name 'Bolivar', dated to 1900-1970. It has been made using some 'off the shelf' parts and is actually possibly made from a kit. The hull is painted a dark green colour with two black anchors hanging either side of the front of ship. There is a metal chain hanging at the stern attached to the rudder. The ship has two small lifeboats, each with green cover and four guns (two on each side at either end of the hull). Because of the name of the vessel it has been confused with Lord Byron's ship 'Bolivar', however that vessel was a schooner. Commissioned for the Casa Magni Museum by Miss Margaret Brown. 880mm x 370mm x 1050mm.
Russell Cotes Road