Beginning to Tour Seminar
|Organiser:||Touring Exhibitions Group|
|Event cost:||£55 for TEG members, £75 for non-members|
The TEG Beginning to Tour seminar provides a thorough introduction to the practicalities and philosophy of touring exhibitions.
The Beginning to Tour seminar is aimed at those who wish to start producing their own touring exhibitions and provides basic level skills and knowledge for creating and managing touring programmes. The seminar encourages active learning by sharing up to date examples of best practice and creating practical resources.
• Feasibility - Participants will consider the aims and objectives of their current or prospective touring programme.
• Funding touring exhibitions - Through active discussion of case studies, different funding models and sources will be considered alongside the best approach to funding applications.
• Finding venues - Delegates will review information produced by tour organisers (tour packs) to market exhibitions to hirers and assess their usefulness. Through group discussion a list of key information for tour packs will be produced.
• Assessing suitability of venues - Using real examples of facilities reports, delegates will assess whether venues are suitable and consider what questions might need to be asked on a site visit in order to assess this further.
• Responsibilities and agreements - Delegates will be able to view examples of agreements for touring exhibitions. They will think through the key information to include and the best approach to contract negotiation.
• Evaluation - Delegates will discuss the importance of effective evaluation and the ways in which it can be collected and used will be outlined.
For more information or to book: www.tegevents.eventbrite.com
|Touring Exhibitions Group|