Book now for our virtual annual conference, 2-6 November 2020
Our virtual annual conference, 2-6 November 2020, is free to all members.
This year’s annual conference is open for booking. It is free to all our members and features a range of fantastic speakers, engaging sessions and lots of practical advice and support. Join us on 2-6 November 2020 for five days of debate, reflection, networking and much, much more.
Our theme is World Turned Upside Down: Exploring the Future of Museums. The past year has redefined how we connect to our communities, care for collections and support our staff, freelancers and volunteers. We explore these changes and discuss how the sector can rise to the challenges we face.
The pandemic, the Black Lives Matter movement and the Climate Crisis have had a massive impact on society and created a critical moment for us to reflect on the future and purpose of museums.
This year’s conference:
- Responds to new realities of the coronavirus pandemic and investigate how we can emerge from the crisis with the tools to meet the needs of our communities.
- Examines the decolonisation of museums and the role the sector has in helping to address the racism, injustice and discrimination that blight our societies.
- Investigates what we need to do to create inclusive, participatory and sustainable museums.
- Helps delegates to develop the skills to advocate and effectively make the case for investment in museums.
- Draws inspiration from the global museum community as we share ideas and best practice from across the globe.
- Provides a platform for networks and alliances of peers to discuss and deal with the challenges ahead.
- Equips attendees with the practical skills and confidence to navigate this world turned upside down.
Please be aware this event is for our individual, institutional and commercial members members only. Check if your organisation is a member.
Not a member, but want to attend conference and get a host of other benefits? Join from only £4.60/month.Join today
Important booking information
Please sign in and check the email address on your profile before booking. If you have been furloughed and do not have access to a work email address you will not receive your confirmation or joining instructions emails.
If you create a new record with a different email address your membership will not be recognised and your booking will be cancelled. You can check and change your email address here before booking.
If your organisation is a member please make sure you have the organisation listed on your record for the membership to be picked up.
Once you have registered you will be emailed details of how to participate in Conference during the week commencing 26 October. In the meantime, if you have any questions please email email@example.com.
This event will be recorded and made available on our website after the event.
Follow this event on Twitter #Museums2020
Does your business want to be part of this event?
Staff at commercial member organisations are welcome to attend and we have sponsorship and speaker slots available to give your business access to a larger than usual audience over the week.