Our Members’ Meetings are open to all individual members, commercial members and anyone who works for an organisation that is an institutional member.
Online Members’ Meetings include:
- Keynote from our president Gillian Findlay
- Details of our policy and advocacy work, including our Museums Change Lives campaign
- An interactive session on a key issue, such as decolonising museums
- Information on the funding we offer, including the Esmée Fairbairn Collections Fund, which has awarded more than £10m to museums across the UK
- A session on how we can support your professional development with initiatives such as the Associateship of the Museums Association
- A discussion of the issues affecting museums and galleries in your area
- The chance to network with MA staff and other members in your area
A full programme will be available in due course.
Follow the event on Twitter #MANorthEngland
You need to be a member to attend this event. Not a member?Join today – 15% discount for new members
Not an individual member? Kick-start the new year with 15% off individual membership – use the code NEWYEAR15 at checkout to get your discount. Offer ends 14 February 2022.
Introduction by chair
Wellbeing, museums and us
As the UK emerges from lockdown once more and the focus turns to recovery and renewal, media and political attention on individual, community and organisational wellbeing has never been so pronounced. But what does wellness mean to you? What has changed, or needs to change, in your neighbourhood to ensure recovery involves everyone, and how is your museum planning on “building back better”? Gillian is looking forward to discussing with members how the MA might centre sectoral wellbeing over the coming year, and how our museums contribute to creating healthier and more resilient communities.
Museums Change Lives
A chance for attendees to break into groups and share examples of how museums they work with and for are having an impact on the communities they serve by enhancing people’s health and wellbeing; inspiring engagement, debate and reflection; and creating better places to live and work
Supporting the sector
Realising the potential of our collections to support changing lives requires a workforce that has the confidence and competence to deliver this. Tamsin discusses what professional development support we offer to MA members.
An interactive session exploring decolonisation, including the work of the MA’s Decolonisation Guidance Working Group.
Panel discussion – how museums are helping to tackle the climate crisis
Hannah Mather, Collections and Engagement Coordinator, Groundwork South and North Tyneside/MA rep
– Emma Heslewood, Senior Museum Manager, Lancashire Museums/MA rep
– Lynsey Jones, Museum Development Officer South, Museum Development North West
– Alene Lee, Business and Funding Manager for Groundwork South and North Tyneside
Important booking information
Please sign in and check the email address on your profile before booking. If you have been furloughed and do not have access to a work email address, you will not receive your confirmation or joining instructions emails.
If you create a new record with a different email address your membership will not be recognised and you will not be able to book onto this event. You can check and change your email address before booking.