Please find attached a summary of objects identified for transfer from Science Museum Group Collections
Like all major museums, we frequently add to and occasionally remove items from our collection. This review will enable us to focus on future collecting and may also identify objects that are no longer appropriate for the national collection.
We will look to transfer items to other museums and public collections if they are:
• Better suited to display or research by another public institution;
• A duplicate of an item we already hold in the collection.
Our aim is that transferred items remain in the public domain and we will give priority to accredited museums who wish to acquire items available for transfer.
For further information, please see our website https://group.sciencemuseum.org.uk/about-us/collection/managing-the-collection/
The objects listed on the following pages have been approved for transfer and are currently available. The closing date for applications is Friday 31 May 2019. If you would like more information or are interested in acquiring an object from the Transfers list, please email us at Group.Registration@sciencemuseum.ac.uk and include the following information:
• The object number and description
• A description of how you intend to use the object(s) and how this will benefit the public
• An explanation of how you will ensure the long-term care of the object(s)
• The organisation that you are representing, including the type of organisation (i.e. accredited museum, charitable trust)
• Full contact details