Museums benefitted greatly from their partnerships. They were able to use the project to foster and develop relationships that were strategically important; the project provided a vehicle for testing out and growing their partnership - through tackling the practical requirements of a collections review.
- Work with partners that have the capacity to see the project through
- Ensure partners with low capacity but with an interest in the outcome still benefit
- Learn new ways of working from partners
Partnerships - the gains...
Partnerships - better working relationships with museums
- Helped to clarify museums' mutual aims and roles
- Enabled access and interpretation of objects on loan
- Developed learning resources
- Improved mutual reach
Partnerships - learning from and working with other organisations in the community
- Extended Museums' reach and understanding of people within their community
- Accessed individual volunteer subject experts through partners
- Accessed specialist resources needed to complete the collections review
- Provided access to a network of contacts and volunteers
- Explored new territory